AT6 6-Axis Robotic Testing System for Elastomers
Instron Automated Testing Systems for Elastomeric/rubber material, utilizing TestMaster automation control software, is ideal for performing unattended tensile and/or tear test of elastomeric specimens ranging in thicknesses of 0.05 mm to 10 mm. These systems have been designed to meet ASTM D412, D429, D575, D624, ISO 37, ISO 34, ISO 813, EN 455-2 and other rubber and elastomer tensile and tear test standards. Barcodes, placed on batch separators, are utilized to pass specimen geometry, robotic handling, and testing information for a batch of specimens to the TestMaster Automation Control Software. A typical system can hold approximately 350 specimens but storage type and capacity is dependent on geometry of specimens.
The testing system typically consists of an extra-high Instron Universal Testing frame for longer crosshead travel, non-contacting Standard Video Extensometer (SVE), and pneumatic wedge action grips with air supply kit
Improve Efficiency and Increase Throughput of Your Facility
- Storage racks can be easily loaded prior to the end of the day and left for unattended, overnight testing
- Consistent specimen loading and testing improves repeatability and reproducibility of results by eliminating human variability
- Operators available to work on more value-added activities
- Overall costs are lower due to reduction in training and injury-related expenses
Robotic System Components:
- Mitsubishi Industrial grade robot
- Specimen storage racks with pull out shelves for ease of loading designed to fit customer's specifications
- Specimen identification module comprising barcode scanner, 1D and 2D
- Single Axis Specimen dimension Measurement Device (SMD) for thickness measurement of test specimens
- Automatic ink transfer marking station to apply video targets
- Bluehill® Materials Testing Software
- Premium PC
- TestMaster automation control software
- Mobile system support table with positive locating and locking mechanism.
- Protective enclosure around robotic test space envelope. Conveniently located doors provide easy access to peripheral devices mounted on system table. Doors are fully interlocked to ensure hazardous robot movements are prevented when any of the doors are open.
Instron® testmaster™ 2 Automated Specimen Handling Systems enable a new dimension in testing productivity. Available as either complete turnkey solutions or installed on existing Instron testing instruments, the unique modular design accommodates tensile, flex, and hardness testing. System configurations consist of either a robot or a carousel for rotary specimen handling. Materials tested include metals, plastics, thin films, components, elastomers, and medical devices.
- 9.0 MB
Instron’s TestMaster Software is the master controller and sequencer for all of our Automated Testing Systems. TestMaster seamlessly controls all aspects of an automated test sequence that includes: user interface control; I/O control of peripheral components; device control; database communications; simultaneous process states; and visual system status lights.
- 233.4 KB