DR-214 High Temperature Four Rod Mechanical Averaging Insert Extensometer
W-C016-E | High Temperature Four Rod Mechanical Averaging Insert Extensometer
Model DR-214 High Temperature Four Rod Mechanical Averaging Extensometer. Offers superior high temperature performance for creep and tensile testing up to 1100 Deg. C (2000 Deg. F) The following features give the Model DR-214 extensometer excellent performance:
- High temperature, high corrosion resistant 214 alloy is used on all temperature exposed parts of the extensometer. Lifetimes can exceed 4700 hours at 1100 Deg. C (2000 Deg. F).
- Replaceable insert design allows gripping knife-edges to be easily changed for different specimen geometries or replaced when they become dull. Specimen geometries that can be accommodated with the appropriate inserts include round or flat specimens: Rounds:1.6 to 12.8 mm (0.0625 to 0.505 in) diameter Flats: 1.6 to 12.7 mm (0.0625 to 0.5 in) thick and 16 mm (0.625 in) wide are available. Precision machining is done based on the specific specimen size being tested for excellent concentricity, which minimizes specimen bending.
- Replaceable Inserts must be ordered separately.
- 10 to 152 mm (0.375 to 6 in) variable gage length for flexibility in attaching to a wide variety of specimen sizes.
- The base is machined of aluminum for light weight & thermal dissipation. Base requires a single transducer, accepting many styles of LVDTs, SLVCs, dial gages and other devices for creep strain measurement. A sleeve is included to change the 0.5 in-20f-RH base thread to a 9.52 mm (0.375 in) ream hole for mounting non-threaded devices.
- A precision zeroing mechanism is provided in the base for zeroing the strain measuring device.
- An extension rod stiffener is included to keep the rods aligned. It has internal clearance for a 19 mm (0.750 in) diameter pull rod. The extensometer can be used with or without the stiffener.
- Rod Lengths: 495.3 mm (19.5 in) and 304.8 mm (12 in)
- Working Distance between the extension arms: 41.2 mm (1.625 in)
- Clearance for Extensometer Base: 34.29 mm (1.35 in) diameter
- Price includes, rods & head assembly, clamp assembly, top & bottom adjustable bases, zeroing mechanism, extension rod stiffener. One set (4) of high temperature clamp nuts & bolts (W-C016-D)
Necessary items NOT included:
- High Temperature inserts need to be ordered separately for the specific specimen sizes to be tested. Ref Catalog numbers: W-C016-C: W-C016-J1, W-C016-J2 and W-C016-J3 SPECIFY SPECIMEN SIZE AT TIME OF ORDERING
- LVDT or SLVC displacement transducer is not included in the base price of the extensometer.
|Description||DR-214 High Temperature Four Rod Mechanical Averag|
|Gauge Length||10 - 152 mm (0.375 - 6.000 in)|
|Specimen Diameter||1.60 - 12.80 mm (0.0625 - 0.5050 in)|
|Specimen Thickness||1.60 - 12.70 mm (0.0625 - 0.5000 in)|
|Specimen Width||16 mm (0.625 in)|
|Static or Fatigue Rated||Static|
|Temperature Rating||1100 °C (2150 °F)|